Assistant Manager/Trainee Assistant Manager , Jolly Postie
Do you love being busy, delivering great service and motivating your team? Great! We are currently recruiting for a talented, guest focussed individual to join us as an Assistant Manager.
The Jolly Postie is part of McMullen’s ever expanding Chicken & Grill concept, with the addition of our wood fired pizza oven. We offer our guests attentive table service, freshly rotisserie roasted chickens, grilled meats and classic pub food, all complimented by McMullen’s locally brewed ales, in well-designed surroundings. However, we know that we can’t achieve any of this without great people running our pubs!
The Jolly Postie sits proudly in the grand old building on Baldock St in the centre of Royston. Originally opened in 1935 as, you guessed it, a Post Office, we’ve made our desire to preserve history very clear. As you approach the ‘Postie’ you’ll see the antique postal van parked in the entrance, 8 can dine in the back of the van comfortably, from your comfort you’ll see delicious pizza’s crisping up while absorbing the flavours of real flames dancing in the stone cased oven. Still very much a pub, feel free to join us for a drink, be it a pint of locally brewed McMullen ale, an expertly mixed cocktail or a glass of wine while enjoying the suntrap terrace, our amazing team await! We have a reputation for great quality food and exceptional service and therefore finding the right person to join our friendly and vibrant team is essential.
Why Chicken and Grill Pubs?
Chicken and Grill Pubs are part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- Great accommodation (if required)
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic career development – currently over 50% of McMullen General Managers were promoted internally
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
Key Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Exceeding guest expectations daily
- Leading the team to follow our bespoke guest journey
- Coach and guide new Team Members
- All aspects of cash and stock control
- Management duties including dealing with bookings/functions, rota planning, cellar management, and deputising in the Managers absence
Candidates must have 2 years experience in similar role.