Kitchen Assistant, Red Lion
We are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant to work full time / part time within our busy kitchen. The Red Lion is part of McMullen’s expanding Chicken & Grill concept offering freshly rotisserie roasted chickens, grilled meats and classic pub food in amazing surrounding. Food is very important to us and therefore we need someone with a positive hand on approach to help us make the kitchen run smoothly.
C & G No. 9. McMullen since 1934, Chicken & Grill since 2014. Newly transformed with an amazing design, wander through the pub, marveling at the detail, to the spectacular dining room, which can be hired for special occasions. A stone’s throw from the train station and Hatfield House, convenience could certainly give you a reason to visit, however the welcome you’ll receive and comfort you will experience are well worth going out of your way for.
Our kitchen is open Monday-Saturday 11:30-21:30 and Sunday 12:00-20:30
Why Chicken & Grill Pubs?
We are part of the McMullen family who believe in making decisions for the long term. We believe in looking after our teams, and creating a positive working atmosphere. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meal when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Lots of reward and recognition opportunities including our now famous annual go-karting event
- An award winning training and development programme helping you to achieve the next level if you want to!
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’.
- Achievable bonus scheme
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Assist in setting up and closing down the kitchen ready for service or the next trading session
- Keep the kitchen and all equipment clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Ensure that the kitchen does not run out of clean crockery and cutlery during service
- Being a team player, helping and assisting the Chefs when required
You will need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
Interested? Great! Please apply today.