Sous Chef, Kings Reach
A unique opportunity has become available for a Sous Chef who wishes to progress in their development. Candidates must have a passion for food and will be responsible for assisting the Head Chef in motivating the team in a fast-paced environment.
The Kings Reach is part of McMullen’s ever expanding Chicken & Grill concept. We offer our guests attentive table service, freshly rotisserie roasted chickens, grilled meats and classic pub food, all complimented by McMullen’s locally brewed ales, in well-designed surroundings. However, we know that we can’t achieve any of this without great people running our pubs!
Why The King’s Reach as a Sous Chef?
The King’s Reach are part of the McMullen family and therefore have the backing of an independent, long standing Company who make decisions based on the long term. On top of a competitive salary we can offer:-
- 50% discounted meals when you are working
- 25% discount on food and 15% off drinks for you and your friends on your day off
- Fantastic training and career development if you wish to progress
- A step into a progressive Company who believe in treating people as a name, not a number
- We also offer industry-relevant Apprenticeships if you would like to develop your skills further, so you can ‘earn while you learn’
- Chef uniform provided
- Achievable bonus scheme
Key Responsibilities for a Sous Chef
- Delivering the food concept to Company standard and exceeding guest expectations
- All aspects of food stock control including ordering, deliveries, stock taking and control of wastage
- Supporting the Kitchen Manager / Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen and deputising in their absence
- Training and developing the kitchen team so that they can reach their potential
- All aspects of Food Safety and Health & Safety compliance in accordance with the law and Company policy
Previous experience of working within a busy kitchen is essential. You must be keen to develop, willing to take on responsibility and remain calm under pressure. You will also need to be eligible to work in the UK with a valid UK bank account and NI number.
Are you a Head Chef of the future? If so please apply today and we will be in touch.